Full-Time, school year, School Guidance Counselor. Must be licensed by the MASS DESE as a School Guidance Counselor (5-12).
• Listen to students’ concerns about academic, emotional or social problems.
• Help students process their problems and plan goals and action.
• Mediate conflict between students and teachers.
• Improve parent/teacher relationships.
• Assist with college applications, jobs and scholarships.
• Assist with career placement and post-secondary planning.
• Refer students to psychologists, school adjustment counselor, and other mental health resources.
• Prepare schedule for students and monitor progress for all of them as per graduation requirement.
• Coordinate with social worker and school staff to develop and implement various activities and provide support to all services.
• Analyze all student requirements and prepare formal lessons for all students and provide support to all academic activities.
• Maintain and analyze all student data and prepare programs and activities to provide support to all student plans.
• Assist students with all emotional requirements and prepare various counseling and intervention strategies for all students.
• Maintain and ensure confidentiality.
• Meet with and evaluate students’ strengths, weaknesses, interests, and aptitudes by way of Naviance and other curriculum.
• Identify areas for improvement i.e. behavioral issues, academic performance problems, and attendance non-compliance.
• Work with students to develop skills of time management, organization, and overall study habits.
• Help students understand and overcome social and/or behavioral problems.
• Assist students in the development of career goals and corresponding academic achievement plans.
• Counsel individuals or groups as needed.
• Attend all required meetings for caseload.
• Collaborate with teachers, administrators, and parents for student success.
• Capable of holding 504 plan meetings, writing plans, and sharing plans to appropriate stakeholders.
• Carry-out recruitment and admissions protocols and responsibilities, and work with sending districts.
• Perform all duties with the safety and happiness of our students in mind.